Minnie Bruce Pratt
Professor, Women's and Gender Studies, Writing and Rhetoric
Research and Teaching Interests
Women's Studies: Feminist Theory and the Intersections of Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Studies
Creative Writing: Creative Nonfiction Poetry
WGS 101 Introduction to Women's and Gender Studies
WGS 310 Feminist Theory
WGS/QSX 438 Trans Genders and Sexualities
QSX 112 Sexualities, Genders, Bodies
WRT 422 Studies in Creative Nonfiction
WRT 438/CCR 638 Advanced Creative Nonfiction: Writing In Between
WRT 760 Stranger Than Fiction: LGBT Creative Nonfiction
- Ph.D. in English Literature, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill(1979)
- B.A. with Honors in English, University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa (1968)
- "Inside the Money Machine," http://www.mbpratt.org/insidemoneymachine.html
- S/HE. Los Angeles: Alyson Publications, 2005. Simultaneously by InsideOut Book Club/Bookspan, 2005.
- The Dirt She Ate: Selected and New Poems. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press, 2003.
- The Money Machine: Selected Poems. New York: Belladonna* Books, 2003.
- Walking Back Up Depot Street: Poems. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press, 1999.
- Rebellion: Essays 1980-1991. Ithaca, N.Y.: Firebrand Books, 1991. Political theory and autobiography.
- Crime Against Nature. Ithaca, N.Y.: Firebrand Books, 1990. Poetry. In second reprinting.
- We Say We Love Each Other. Ithaca, N.Y.: Firebrand Books, 1992. Poetry. Reprinted from the original Spinsters/Aunt Lute 1985 edition. In third reprinting.
- The Sound Of One Fork. Durham, N.C.: Night Heron Press, 1981. Poetry chapbook. Out-of-print after fourth reprinting.