John W. Tillotson
Associate Professor, Science Teaching
Research and Teaching Interests Courses
|Methods & Curriculum in Teaching Science (SCE 413/613)
Nature of Science in Science Education (SCE 614)
Teacher Development in Science (SED 415/615)
Curriculum Problems in Science (SEC 718)
Seminar in Science Education Research (SCE 789)
- Ph.D. Science Education University of Iowa, 1996
- M.S. Chemistry University of Iowa, 1995
- B.S. Secondary Chemistry Education 7-12 SUNY Cortland, 1991
- Tillotson, J.W., & Diana, T.J. (in press). A cycle of professional development in science teacher education. In J. Penick & R. Harris (Eds.) Teaching with Purpose. Arlington, VA: NSTA Press.
- Tillotson, J.W., Ochanji, M.K., & Diana, T. (2004). Reflecting on the game: Action research in science education. In J. Weld (Ed.) The Game of Science Education. Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
- Tillotson, J.W., & Kluth, P. (2003). Auto mechanics in the physics lab: Science education for all. In P. Kluth, D. Straut, & D. Biklen (Eds.). Access to Academics. New Jersey: Lawrence Earlbaum.