Professor of Physics
- Research which uses the spin property of elementary particles to study fundamental problems in nuclear physics.
- Precise measurement of small correlations between scattering rates and spin direction arising from parity violation, exploring the parity-violating components of the Standard Model of particle physics, as well as possible extensions of that model.
- Measurement of neutron radius of heavy nuclei, with implications for neutron star astrophysics and analysis of atomic parity violatio
|1977||Ph.D. in Physics
|1966||B.S. in Physics
Awards & Professional Honors
- Fellow American Physical Society (1998)
- Sigma Xi Award for Research Excellence (2001)
HAPPEX Collaboration, "New Precision Limit on the Strange Vector Form Factors of the Proton", submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett. (2011).
P.A. Souder, "Parity-violating PVDIS with SoLID", AIP Conf. Proc. 1369:43–50 (2011).
P.A. Souder, "Experimental Status of Strange Form Factors", AIP Conf. Proc. 1182:941–944 (2009).
HAPPEX Collaboration,"Precision Measurements of the Nucleon Strange Form Factors at Q**2 ~ 0.1-GeV**2", Phys. Rev. Lett. 98:032301 (2007).