Associate Professor, Philosophy
Research and Teaching Interests Selected Publications
1. "Two arguments for natural teleology from Avicenna’s Shifā’" in History of Philosophy Quarterly, forthcoming.
2. "Formal Causality: giving being by constituting and completing," in Suárez on Aristotelian Causation, ed. Jakob Leth Fink. Leiden: Brill, forthcoming.
3. "Averroism" in Routledge Companion to Sixteenth Century Philosophy, eds. Benjamin Hill and Henrik Lagerlund. London: Routledge, forthcoming.
4. "Efficient Causation from Ibn Sīnā to Ockham" in Oxford Philosophical Concepts: Efficient Causation, ed. Tad Schmaltz. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014, 105-131.
5. "Avicenna and the Principle of Sufficient Reason" in Review of Metaphysics 67.4 (2014): 743-768.
6. "Avicenna's Conception of the Efficient Cause" in British Journal for the History of Philosophy 21.2 (2013): 220-239.
7. "Avicenna and Aquinas on Form and Generation" in The Arabic, Hebrew and Latin Reception of Avicenna's Metaphysics, eds. Dag Hasse and Amos Bertolacci. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, 2011, 251-274.