Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
340H HB Crouse Hall
Donald K. Wagner
Manager, HBC Multimedia Labs
AA Onondaga Community College 1971
BA SUNY Fredonia, 1973
MA Clemson University, 1976
CNA (Novell) Certification, 1996
MSF Certified Rider Coach Trainer 2000-Present
Give department-wide computer support in 3 locations (HBC, Tolley, Euclid) and with over 100 devices, hardware & software upgrades, application support, coordinate w/ faculty, staff, & committees; assist faculty & staff with data backup, oversee video conferencing requests (Skype, iChat) & distance learning in Tolley bldg.; evaluate software apps; assist with training, coding & content update of LLL website via Cascade; assist with support requests for Listserv management; assist with LLL requests for BlackBoard trouble-shooting & referrals; oversee LLL Facebook presence and oversee Facebook content; become familiar with other social networking media; supervise work study interns; manage HBC 217 computer lab; work collaboratively with the College of Arts & Sciences Computer Support Group (CSG) attending meetings, reporting client requests regularly through Orange Tracker System; maintained administrative computer data in university's Active Directory IWM system (items such as email account migration, email quota, printer access, new account activations, etc.); keep records and inventories in HostReg system about users, computers, locations, IP addresses. Assist LLL faculty with MSWord document formatting specifications. Overall, provide first-line service for general troubleshooting of computer-related questions & problems.
• Manager, H.B. Crouse Multimedia Labs, SU, 1995-Present
• Coordinator, Distance Language Learning among Cornell
University, Colgate, & SU, 2005-Present
• Scholarly Writing Instructor, SUNY ESF, 1991-present
• MSF Rider Coach, Learn-2-Ride, 1999-2009
• Writer & Consultant, Technicrafts, 1986-present
• TATU Technical Advisor, SU Writing Program, 1991-1994
• Technical Coordinator, SU Writing Program, 1988-91
• Faculty, Division of International Programs Abroad, 1988
• Writing Instructor, SU Engineering Co-op 1989-1993
• Writing Instructor, SU Writing Program, 1980-1995
• Faculty, Auburn Program, University College, 1986-88
• Teacher, Oneida-Madison BOCES, Adult-Ed, 1985-86.
• Teacher/Counselor, Annsville Youth Camp, NYS Division for Youth, 1982.
• Teacher, Special Ed., Syracuse City Schools, 1976-78
• Technical Writing Instructor, Tri-County Technical College, Pendleton, S.C., 1974-76
• TA-English, Clemson University, Clemson, S.C., 1974-76
• Server Admin (Novell, Appleshare, Active Directory)
• Operating Systems (Windows & Mac OS)
• Active Directory management, Munki Tools
• Networking (Ethernet 10/100/1000 BT)/Airport/WIFI
• Designing & implementing clusters (217, 227, 316 HBC)
• Planning & implementing departmental office systems
• Preparing proposals and budget items
• Ordering departmental & faculty computers
• Troubleshooting & repairing multimedia equipment
• Evaluating language & writing curriculum software
• Consulting with department committees about technology
• Training GA, TA & work study students
• Supporting remote access (ACC, Timbuktu, WIFI)
• Printing services & queues
• Contacting vendors about current and future projects
Languages, Literatures, & Linguistics, Lang.syr.edu
Syracuse Builders Exchange, Syrabex.com
Builders Exchange of Rochester, Robex.com
Building Industry Employers of New York, Buildny.com
Assoc. Building Contractors of Triple Cities, Abctcex.com
Construction Exchange of Buffalo, Con-ex-buff.com
Polycom Videoconferencing, Preparing Materials for Distance Learning, Blogging, BlackBoard, Converting VHS to Digital, Navigating the Internet, MSOffice, Windows, MacOS, Intro to Unix, Safari, Netscape, Explorer, Firefox, Email (Outlook, Exchange, Communicator, Eudora, Pine), Electronic Classrooms, PacerForum, Adobe Suite, Photoshop, PageMaker, InDesign, Telnet, Scanning, HyperCard, Various Language Softwares
“Using Polycom Videoconferencing to teach Turkish, Bengali, and Tamil” Syracuse University, 2007
“Integrating Video Conferencing for Distance Language Learning” Cornell University, 2005
“HyperHindi, Chinese, Entradas, & Nihoon e Yookoso,” Educom, 1995
“Languages & Mulitimedia” Teaching Tools, 1994, 1995, 1996.
“Keynote," Writing & Computers Conf., Ithaca College, 1992.
"Multimedia & Writing,” 8th Conference Computers & Writing, 1992.
“Infusing Technology into the Undergraduate Curriculum,” CSAC, 1992.
“Teaching & Technology United,” Teaching Tools, 1991.
“Writing in Heteromedia Environments,” 7th Conference on Computers and Writing, 1991.
“InSpace/WorkSpace: The Situating of Computer Technology in a Writing Curriculum,”1990.
“Teaching Technical Communications via Networks,” MacAdemia '90, RIT, 1990.
“Writing in Heteromedia Environments,” 6th Conf. on Computers and Writing, 1990.
“Teaching With WORDprocessing,” Penn State Rhetoric Conf., 1989.
“Implementing a Cross-Curriculum Tutorial Program,” University College Faculty Seminar, 1988.
“Basic Writing and Student-Inmates/Inmate-Students,” Basic Writing Conference, 1986.
“Is There a Grade in This Text?” 37th NYSEC Conf., 1986.
“Disclosure: A Writing Curriculum for Incarcerated Students,” Penn State Rhetoric Conference, 1986.
“Carburetors, Breadboards, and Collaborative Learning,” Discourse Theory Colloquium, 1985.
“Tagmemic Approach to Teaching Literature,” 34th NYSEC Conference, 1983.
LEAP Assessment Insurance Guide, 1984
Celestial Navigation Software User Guide, 1985
Nassau Vehicle Maintenance System, O’Brien & Gere
Engineers, Inc., 1986
Genigraphics Masterpiece Suite, 1987
Laser Precision Fiber Optic Testing System, 1988
Oneida Daily Dispatch feature writer
Catholic Sun newspaper, contributing writer
“An Annotated Bibliography of the Argentine Novel”,
The Scarecrow Press, Inc., London, 1997
"No Problem: The Story of Rev. Raymond F. McVey and Unity Acres", published by Eastern Shore Publishing, August, 1998
“Thirteen Months to Go”, Thunder Bay Publishing, 2003
“LitTAP Strategic Technology Project Grant”, Point of Contact, 2010-11
“A Proposal for Funding to the Anneberg/CPB Project, New Pathways to a Degree Initiative”, ISDP, 1990
“Teaching & Technology Unite (TATU)”, SU & Apple Computer, 1991
PBS Online, PBS KIDS (pbskids.org), 2000-present
EBSCO Publishing, SocINDEX with Full Text, (http://www.ebscohost.com/thisTopic.php?marketID=1&topicID=139), 2008-present
Playing Acoustic Guitar in a 3-piece band
Music – Oneida Civic Coral
Woodworking, especially children’s toys & furniture
Environmental issues, stewardship
Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club (www.fishcreeksalmon.org)
Friends of Acadia, Maine (www.friendsofacadia.org)
Local History, Lake Champlain Maritime Musuem, Interpreter on the Lois McClure
Volunteering, e.g., food pantry