Research and Teaching Interests Education
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Wisconsin-Madison (1986-1990)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Princeton University (1984-1986)
- Ph.D., Princeton University (1984)
- BIO 305: Integrated Biology Laboratory
- BIO 503: Developmental Biology
- BIO 700: Animal Developmental Mechanisms
Safdar, K., A. Gu, X. Xu, V. Au, J. Taylor, S. Flibotte, D. G. Moerman, and E. M. Maine (2016) UBR-5, a conserved HECT-type E3 ubiquitin ligase, negatively regulates Notch-type signaling in C. elegans. G3 6:2125-2134.
- Guo, Y., B. Yang, Y Li, X. Xu, and E. M. Maine (2015) Enrichment of H3K9me2 on unsynapsed chromatin in Caenorhabditis elegans does not target de novo sites. G3 5:1865-1878.
- Van Wynsberghe, P. M., and E. M. Maine (2013) Epigenetic control of germline development. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 757:373-403. Editor: T. Schedl. Publisher: Springer Verlag.
- Fox, P.M., V.E. Vought, M. Hanazawa, M-H. Lee, E. M. Maine, and T. Schedl (2011) Cyclin E/CDK-2 regulates proliferative cell fate and cell cycle progression in the C. elegans germline. Development 138, 2223-2234.
- Maine, E.M. (2010) Meiotic silencing in Caenorhabditis elegans. International Review of Cell and Molecular Biology 282, 91-134.
- She, X., X. Xu, A. Fedotov, W.G. Kelly, and E.M. Maine (2009) Regulation of heterochromatin assembly during C. elegans meiosis by components of a small RNA-mediated pathway. PLoS Genet 5(8): e1000624. doi:10.1371/journal.pgen.1000624
- Maine, E.M. (2008) Studying gene function in Caenorhabditis elegans using RNA-mediated interference. Briefings in Functional Genomics and Proteomics 7, 184-194.
- Liu, Y., and E.M. Maine (2007) The Bro1-domain protein, EGO-2, promotes notch signaling in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics 177, 2265-2277.
* This paper was featured in the Genetics Society of America Newsletter.
- Maine, E. M., J. Hauth, T. Ratliff, V.E. Vought, X. She, and W. G. Kelly (2005) EGO-1, a putative RNA-dependent RNA polymerase, is required for heterochromatin assembly on unpaired DNA during C. elegans meiosis. Current Biology 15, 1972-1978.
* This paper was cited by the Faculty of 1000.
- Smardon, A., J. M. Spoerke, S. C. Stacey, M. E. Klein, N. Mackin, and E. M. Maine (2000) EGO-1 is related to RNA-directed RNA polymerase and functions in germline development and RNA interference in C. elegans. Current Biology 10, 169-178.
* This paper was featured in Science Editor's Choice and Current Biology Dispatch reviews.