Maria Alexandra Siquier
Instructor of Spanish
Education and Career Interests
I’m an actress “lent” to the literature, and artist that truly believe in the creative process of learning different ways of expression. I’m a creative writer “lent” to the literature, always searching the way students can creatively build bridges between the text and their personal experience. When teaching, I mix my fields of work: acting, literature and creativity. This wonderful mix has allowed me to incorporate techniques and tools of diverse disciplines.
My major interests are in the fields of modern Hispanic theater, film, poetry and literature.Acting and teaching have much in common: every class is like a new theatre play.www.sandysiquier.com
1999-2001 Syracuse University,Syracuse, New York
M.A. Hispanic Literature, Language and Culture
• Awarded a Scholarship and Teaching Assistantship.
• Phi Beta Delta Honor Society: International Honor Student.
1993-1998 Univeridad Católica Andrés Bello,Caracas, Venezuela
B.A. in Mass Communication
• Member of the University Theater Group (TUCAB) for 3 years. TUCAB is a recognized theatrical group created 40 years ago, where the commitment and social responsibility are fundamental.
• Member of Fundación Medatia (Medatia Foundation) an educational organization that addresses issues such as violence and development in underprivileged communities through the use of theater.
• Thesis project awarded the highest grade from the qualifier jury.
Spring 2017-Syracuse University,Syracuse, NY
Position: FIL 521 Directing Actors: Script Analysis and Acting Methods for Directors.
• Creator of the course.
SPA 301 Approaching to Reading Texts
Fall 2016-Syracuse University,Syracuse, NY
Position: SPA 301 Approaching to Reading Texts
FIL 228 Scriptwriting
• Narrative structure fundamentals, character creation and conflict design.
Summer 2016-Syracuse University,Syracuse, NY
Position: Drama Instructor for the Spanish Immersion Program
• Designed of an attractive, enriching and multicultural course where students learn about the Hispanic dramaturgy and acting fundamentals.
2004-2005-Universidad Santa María,Caracas, Venezuela
Position: Creative Writing Professor
• Course structure design and implementation.
• Development of student skills on creative writing and storytelling.
• Assisted in the design of a Writing Curriculum to improve student profile.
1999-2001-Syracuse University,Syracuse, NY
Position: Spanish Instructor
• Teaching multiple levels of Spanish courses.